Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet keeps disconnecting with wifi

Options
  • 22-07-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this. I have a work laptop and over the last few weeks whenever I work from home my internet keeps dropping over wifi. Sometimes I get the ipconfig error message. I have a 3 Huawei B683 router. The IT guys in work have tried lots of things, but the issue is still occurring.

So today, I tried to connect to the router with an ethernet cable instead. So far I have not experienced any issues.

Does anyone know what could be causing the wifi issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

I'm not familiar with that router but have you or it guys changed the channel the device is broadcasting on, could be overlapping with your neighbours. Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but sometimes it can be overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

bodonnell wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with that router but have you or it guys changed the channel the device is broadcasting on, could be overlapping with your neighbours. Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but sometimes it can be overlooked

Good point! I'll have a look into that. But all other devices that are used in the house have no issues with it. Only my work lap top

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

These devices usually have a limit on the number of devices that can connect to it, check the manual or settings of dongle

Advertisement