Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Property Studies Ireland - DIT vs ITT

Options
  • 21-07-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anybody know of the difference between Property Courses in Ireland?

I'm deciding whether to do the DIT Property Studies which is a 4 Year Part-Time Course (Licence after 2 years) or whether to do the 2 Year Part-Time Real Estate Course with IPAV in IT Tallaght.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

I'm deciding whether to do the DIT Property Studies which is a 4 Year Part-Time Course (Licence after 2 years) or whether to do the 2 Year Part-Time Real Estate Course with IPAV in IT Tallaght.

It really depends on what your long term goals are. Is the ITT qualification accredited by the SCSI / RICS?
    Depending on what you want to do long term that can be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Millpull

whatnext wrote: »
    It really depends on what your long term goals are. Is the ITT qualification accredited by the SCSI / RICS?
    Depending on what you want to do long term that can be an issue.

The DIT course is every second Saturday and you obtain 2 licences after 2 years and 4 after 4 years. On the IPAV course you would obtain 4 licences after 2 years but course runs every Saturday. Both courses are credited by the property services regulatory authority. I personally opted for the IPAV course which I am finding great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

There is very little difference. Both offer same licenses after 2 years. The tallaght IT one is accredited by the IPAV DIT by SCSI.

If you're not working in the property business the tallaght IT is the only one that you can do. DIT has a requirement that you are working in the industry.

Advertisement