Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Supplier Dublin South

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Help appreciated...Looking for a new moderately priced preferably solid wood kitchen. Really looking for good quality/fitting and something that wont be shoddy in 6 months. Looking at 2 companies- Anyone here use them/offer some reviews by PM? Much appreciated in advance..

1) Fitzgearld Kitchens Mounttown/Dun Laoghaire

2)InHouse Kitchen Design

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Hi everyone, is the celtic tiger back or what? Visited an out of town upper end kitchen showroom last week( not ones mentioned above who were helpful enough). Got a price today of c€17k for my ( small) kitchen. When I asked about the design I was told that they dont do designs until you have agreed to be their customer?? Would have to travel back to them to discuss further. This was after the designer I met saying her would provide drawings this week. And the "boss" wouldnt even tell me if an island/penninsula was included?? Crazy. Owner/boss got quite aggressive on the phone also and started shouting at me that free design happens at the " supermarket end of the market". They only share designs with customers. I understand design time costs them etc, but how can they ever get a customer if they wont quote so you can compare like for like. Completely wasted trip ( cost is outrageous for kitchen size in any event) but the attitude really stinks........hope this isnt return of 2007...........

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Any feedback on IDK kitchens btw? Favoured supplier so far........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I used -snip- 2 years ago - very happy with the service, was necessary to pay a 'design fee' which was then deducted from the cost of kitchen. They did supply an indicative price before full design - the design was very impressive, 3d etc.

Got the units at -snip-

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Specific company feedback by PM.
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement