Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-shock collectabily?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭

Today I found a G Shock I've owned since the early 90s, completely original bar a replacement battery put in today, and while googling the model I noticed that G Shocks in general seem to have a bit of a collectors thing about them.

Out of curiosity, why is this?

Edit, collectabily?!?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They're an icon of watch technology and design. The ultimate rugged and reliable personal timepiece. They have become madly popular latterly, but the very first series ones sold in small enough numbers, so that makes them sought out. Secondly Casio released a lot of different models and versions and special editions so that attracts the collectors too. I'd personally love a first series one. Oh god yes. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yip, I noticed their recent popularity alright and I like the design of some of the new mdoels. In fact it was someone showing me their new one and going on about how great they think they are made me take a second look when I found mine.
    With the dusting off and the replacement battery I'll be wearing mine regularly again I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yip, I noticed their recent popularity alright and I like the design of some of the new mdoels. In fact it was someone showing me their new one and going on about how great they think they are made me take a second look when I found mine.
    With the dusting off and the replacement battery I'll be wearing mine regularly again I think.

out of curiosity, what model had you lying around. i have a couple of G's but would love to one day own a jason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a 2163 DW-9050, not a particularly rare or desirable one I would imagine.

Advertisement