Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two jobs; two P45s?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I recently started a new full time job and require a P45 to avoid being emergency taxed. Problem is I never received a P45 from part time employment I had in 2013 which I was dismissed from. I worked last Christmas for 6 days in a busy store without giving my P45 in or having sent it to revenue as I do not have it. Should I be requesting from both places?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Neither. Call up the Revenue, and give them your new employer's details, and your PPS number. Everything is linked to your PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep get your new employers tax number and ring revenue yourself to transfer your credits to them. Then after a few days let your new employers payroll know so they can make sure to apply them on their end - sometimes they just assume you're in emergency tax until you get your P45. Once you get your P45 give it to them as well. You don't need to worry about the one from 2013, just the one for current tax year

Advertisement