Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white shirt has a pink tinge thanks to colour run

Options
  • 21-07-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I washed my expensive white shirt this morning and stupidly washed it with pinkish clothes (thought they were colour fast)

I soaked it immediately in oxi soaker but it's still not the lovely white it was before.
    Is there anything else I can do :confused:

A lot of websites say to bleach it but I don't know what type of bleach to use?
    Also, it's a Ralph Lauren shirt so will the bleach bleach out the logo and stripes on the cuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

First of all don't bleach it as this can turn certain white clothes yellow it will also bleach the logo etc.

What I usually do is go to my local supermarket and pick up a packet of colour run remover. Follow the instructions on the packet and then wash normally you could throw in some vanish oxi action or something in this wash to make sure its fully white.

In the future I'd try to do a separate white wash or else to try and wash lights and dark separately and also use colour catchers.

Advertisement