Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Workshop/Studio space in Cork?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm wondering if anybody can help point me in the right direction of an available workshop/studio space for a Prop Builder (crafting, casting, painting etc.) in the Cork City area or anywhere between Cork and Bandon. My work involves a lot of arts and crafts so hopefully somebody might have an idea of somewhere that might suit my needs. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

How about Kenmare?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCosplay Props

callee wrote: »
    How about Kenmare?

Sadly the too far out of the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Doesn't the old FAS building rent out studios?

eternal wrote: »
    Doesn't the old FAS building rent out studios?

As far I know they do but as to weather they would class what I do under their application rules I'm not sure but I'm going to try and talk to someone there at the weekend.

As far I know they do but as to weather they would class what I do under their application rules I'm not sure but I'm going to try and talk to someone there at the weekend.

The Sculpture Factory? Cork has loads of studios and so does West Cork, I know some people who rented.

• Advertisement

The Sculpture Factory? Cork has loads of studios and so does West Cork, I know some people who rented.

I had a look there but they are all booked up for a good while.

Gumtree? I've no other suggestions sorry, I never went freelance.

Gumtree? I've no other suggestions sorry, I never went freelance.

I never thought of gumtree, I'll give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cannex

Hey, I am, in the near future going to set up a workshop studio space in Cork city specifically aimed at crafts people, prop makers etc, which will include use of tools and work benches, it will be a few months while we find a building but just wanted to let you know that we set up a facebook group today and we will be posting updates closer to the time of when it will happen.

At the moment the group is there to get an general overview of the needs of people in Cork looking for these kinds of workshops/studios.
    It is a public group.
    I cant post the link because I'm a new user but the group is called
    Craft Studio Spaces Cork City
    Hope to see you there and tell anyone you know who might benefit.

cannex wrote: »
    Hey, I am, in the near future going to set up a workshop studio space in Cork city specifically aimed at crafts people, prop makers etc, which will include use of tools and work benches, it will be a few months while we find a building but just wanted to let you know that we set up a facebook group today and we will be posting updates closer to the time of when it will happen.

At the moment the group is there to get an general overview of the needs of people in Cork looking for these kinds of workshops/studios.
    It is a public group.
    I cant post the link because I'm a new user but the group is called
    Craft Studio Spaces Cork City
    Hope to see you there and tell anyone you know who might benefit.

This sounds interesting and promising indeed. I'll certainly be looking into this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement