Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Hypothetical question

• 20-07-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ Danger Fourpence

Myself and a few friends throw money into a pool each week. We pick one match and guess the score and whoever guesses the correct score wins the money.

Is this considered to be gambling? Theoretically, should we need a license for this? I know this is small scale, but in theory is this subject to gaming laws etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭ Collie D

Not sure of the legalities but unless you're doing it in North Korea you'd be hard pressed to find a cop willing to bang your door down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ Danger Fourpence

Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure of the legalities but unless you're doing it in North Korea you'd be hard pressed to find a cop willing to bang your door down for it.

Yeah I'm not worried in the slightest, but was just wondering what the legalities were. By right, should I have a gaming license? A betting license? Am I even gambling?

Advertisement