Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door Smashed

Options
  • 20-07-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Strange one, that I'm not sure if many will be able to help.

Basically family member was pulling into our drive (down slope) & whatever happened couldn't stop and rolled into our front door. Whilst it sounds very dramatic, the damage wasn't too bad but the main problem is it has seemed to push the bottom of our timber wooden door in.

There are 3 hinges on the door (top, middle & bottom). Metal Hinges, vertically aligned to the door. What has seemed to happen is the bottom hinge has essentially been pushed in so it is now sitting at a diagonal angle. The door closes & locks but there is about a 1cm gap each side down the bottom of the door. Also the actual frame beside the hinges (separating the door & the glass pane beside the door) has been severely cracked.

I'm not sure if I have explained it correctly there, can attach a couple of pictures if that helps. Would this be a job for a carpenter to come and fix? Any idea if the door is salvageable or if it will need a whole new door/frame?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

You will need to put up some pictures to get replies

Advertisement