Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Seiko monster in Weirs

Options
  • 20-07-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

first automatic seiko i have ever saw in Weirs today, the SRP583, a black prospex monster with gold indices and crown.

Not bad looking watch but not worth the almost 600 euros they are asking for it!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Especially not when Creation are selling it for €338 here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Can one haggle in Weir's?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

blue5000 wrote: »
    Can one haggle in Weir's?

There's usually 10 to 15 % to be had but it Wong go from 600 to 350.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

There is a high-end jewelers near me that do Rolex, Omega, TAG Heuer and all that kind of high end stuff as well as lower to mid level brands like Seiko and Longines etc. They have the same few watches sitting in the window display for years now and when you walk in there's about six staff standing around doing nothing. Saw a nice Seiko chronograph in there priced at €195 and almost snapped it up before coming to my senses. Went home and found it on Amazon for €130 with free delivery and 30 days returns period. They must have colossal margins on the high end watches they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

100% mark up would be the usual.

• Advertisement

hi5 wrote: »
    100% mark up would be the usual.

On all watches or just more affordable brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    On all watches or just more affordable brands?

So they charge €7,500 for a Rolex Explorer 2 for example....Does that mean they buy from Rolex for €3,750?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

Faith+1 wrote: »
    So they charge €7,500 for a Rolex Explorer 2 for example....Does that mean they buy from Rolex for €3,750?

I think the margin on rolex is around 35%. so if the rrp is 7500 they are buying at 5000. This is a fairly low margin in reality hence less of a discount is available.

The margin on other "premium" brands are higher hence a large discount is usually achievable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Don't forget VAT.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

893bet wrote: »
    I think the margin on rolex is around 35%. so if the rrp is 7500 they are buying at 5000. This is a fairly low margin in reality hence less of a discount is available.

The margin on other "premium" brands are higher hence a large discount is usually achievable.

Jasus it'd be so sweet to buy at cost......

• Advertisement

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Jasus it'd be so sweet to buy at cost......

Even at cost its out of reach by a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'm gaining a renewed appreciation for Seikos.......

http://www.seiko-prospex.com/sea/evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Is there value from any brands in Weirs?

Advertisement