Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 4 or S6

Options
  • 20-07-2015 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hey guys I'm due an upgrade very soon and I'm thinking of either of these phones.
    At moment I swaying toward the Note as it has expandable memory and a removable battery bigger screen etc.
    I have always had s series before this and I'm currently using the S4 which i love but it is battered and bruised now and as slow as a wet week.

So i'm just looking for peoples advice and suggestions on which to plump for?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

OSI wrote: »
    The Note 5 is a month to 2 months at the most away, so if you really want a Note, wait for that.

The rumours suggest the Note 5 will not have a removable battery or SD card slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

Techmaster wrote: »
    The rumours suggest the Note 5 will not have a removable battery or SD card slot.

Ya i had read that and it seems to be the way Samsung are going. The larger memoried one is probably gonna cost a fortune. I store a lot of music and photos on my sd card as it is..

Ya i had read that and it seems to be the way Samsung are going. The larger memoried one is probably gonna cost a fortune. I store a lot of music and photos on my sd card as it is..

I'd go with the Note 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hey guys I'm due an upgrade very soon and I'm thinking of either of these phones.
    At moment I swaying toward the Note as it has expandable memory and a removable battery bigger screen etc.
    I have always had s series before this and I'm currently using the S4 which i love but it is battered and bruised now and as slow as a wet week.

So i'm just looking for peoples advice and suggestions on which to plump for?? :confused:

Id go with the S6 based on my priorities. Wait for the next Note to come out if you're getting a Note as the previous poster said.

I would recommend you look at getting the OnePlus One or Vodafone Ultra 6, if you want to save a few hundred euro and have a big screen and 2 day battery.

https://oneplus.net/ie
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Wait for the Note 5 or the S6 Edge+ next month, I've been following the thread on the S6 and the amount of people on there complaining about the shocking battery life is phenomenal.
    If you like the size of the S6 over the Note series but are worried about battery life and expandable memory then get yourself one of these http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-gain-microsd-card-extended-battery-via-incipio-offgrid-case-1511550

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads
    I'm currently with 3 and to see down my contract would mean waiting until November. Unfortunately the phone is on its last legs, its literally taped together and it took a fall last week which has wedged the volume button in which means now when i boot up it goes in a custom rom option. I then have to pull the button out with a tweezers while booting it up...Bloody nightmare!!

I think I'll chance the Note 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Id choose the note 4 over the s6 any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Id choose the note 4 over the s6 any day.

Just wondering why as I'm looking at both of these phones. I have the S5 now.

Knine wrote: »
    Just wondering why as I'm looking at both of these phones. I have the S5 now.

Removable battery + card slot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

OSI wrote: »
    I always hear people citing removable batteries and SD card expansion as reasons to go for Samsung. Yet I've never actually met a Samsung owner that carries a spare battery with them. Both my last phone and my tablet have SD card expansion and it's such a pain in the arse to make any decent use of, Google has just made them more hassle than they're worth at this stage.

I know plenty of people who carry spare batteries for their phones, always handy at music festivals etc. I personally don't, I just have a power bank instead which I bring to work.

The memory card thing is huge for me though, I've had the same 32gb card through 3 phones now. The fact I won't be able to use it with the Note 5 will be the main reason I stick with my Note 4 for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My last three phones were Samsung, the S1, S2 and Note 3, i also used to advocate the memory card and removable battery as reasons to stick with Samsung and recommend them to others but a few months ago the battery life on my Note 3 got so unbearable that i sold it on and bought an LG g Flex from Amazon just to see what a different manufacturers skin was like.

I didn't think I'd manage without my memory card but the battery life on this phone is like nothing I've ever experienced, it's a total beast, i walk an hour to work in the morning with a Bluetooth headset connected streaming internet radio, my location on, my nfc on, my sync on and my moto 360 connected and when i get to work its still at 100%, on the same journey with the Note 3 i was down to 81%.

The screen isn't as good as the Note, i don't have the stylus, i don't have a memory card and the camera isn't as great but i think I've now discovered what's most important to me and that's battery life and going by the majority of people on the S6 thread it looks like Samsung still haven't got their act together so I'll be sticking with my flex for another while.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I have gone with the note...it was 169 whereas the S6 32gb was 229...so was a no brainer really for me!

Advertisement