Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A story in one photo

Options
  • 20-07-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Apologies for posting dead things but I came across this on the path in the fields near me. Poor Ratty came to an end here in no uncertain terms - that poor little paw! Was going to put it in the pictures thread but I wanted to ask is that fox poo next to the remains and if so, does this mean that it was Foxy what done for him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

fleabag wrote: »
    Apologies for posting dead things but I came across this on the path in the fields near me. Poor Ratty came to an end here in no uncertain terms - that poor little paw! Was going to put it in the pictures thread but I wanted to ask is that fox poo next to the remains and if so, does this mean that it was Foxy what done for him?
    Fox would've eaten the whole thing and a fox diet consists of a lot of rodents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Yes, it is fox poo. And foxes mark their feeding sites with droppings - it's a way of telling other animals - Get Away! This turf is mine!

It's true they eat a lot of rats and mice, enjoy carrion and roadkill, and they also sometimes cache surplus food .

But they are also quite messy eaters and maybe she or he had just had enough, or had to leave the area for some reason.

Advertisement