Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are wages like in care work?

Options
  • 19-07-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everybody.

I am looking for help and I am hoping somebody can help me or advise me.

I am currently living in the UK and looking t re-locate to Ireland in the next few months. I currently working in care and looking to continue my job role. Does anybody know what the wages are like in Ireland?? I have been looking on the Job sites but no one is saying what the wages are. Is there a lot of work in Ireland in the care sector?
    I am looking to move to Wexford, Kerry and I would also be looking at schools Primary and secondary for the children.

Every bit of help. I would really appreciate it.

Jenny x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

jenny76 wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

I am looking for help and I am hoping somebody can help me or advise me.

I am currently living in the UK and looking t re-locate to Ireland in the next few months. I currently working in care and looking to continue my job role. Does anybody know what the wages are like in Ireland?? I have been looking on the Job sites but no one is saying what the wages are. Is there a lot of work in Ireland in the care sector?
    I am looking to move to Wexford, Kerry and I would also be looking at schools Primary and secondary for the children.

Every bit of help. I would really appreciate it.

Jenny x

As in a care assitant? Usually around the €10 mark per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jenny76

Yes a care assistant or caring for people in their homes. Would that be 10 euro for both rolls?

Yes a care assistant or caring for people in their homes. Would that be 10 euro for both rolls?

Care assitant in a nursing home can vary alot between 8.65-€12 ph hour. Caring in their own homes is around 10-12 I believe and is a bit easier once you can drive as you will be going house to house, join a nursing agency is the way to do this and they are very flexible in which you can just work the days you want. If you a near a big hospital agency staff are also needed there and pay is usually a bit better. Agency work is great mainly because you work only when you want by letting them know what days you're available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jenny76

Thanks for your reply. Can you recommend a good agency?

Thanks for your reply. Can you recommend a good agency?

3 I am aware of are comfort keeps, rhs homecare and ttm nursing agency. Im based in the west though so not sure if they are country wide. I know RHS carers are employed by the health service executive which is our public health board

• Advertisement
Advertisement