Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to sell property in Bulgaria?

Options
  • 19-07-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys, I have a house in the countryside near the mountains that I'd like to sell, can anyone give me any tips on this? I'm not too fond of brokers cuz it seems that most of them just try to swindle you for money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

A realistic asking price is the best way to sell property anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

Well, yeah, but what's the best place to do the asking? I was looking around the net for a property buy/sell forum, but this one is the only legit looking one I could find. Doesn't strike me as the epicenter of property trade though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

estate agent (noun)
    1. a person whose job is to arrange the sale, renting or management of homes, land and buildings for the owners
    2. a business that arranges the selling, renting or management of homes, land and buildings for the owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Kensei wrote: »
    Well, yeah, but what's the best place to do the asking? I was looking around the net for a property buy/sell forum, but this one is the only legit looking one I could find. Doesn't strike me as the epicenter of property trade though.

This is not a buying and selling forum. Daft.ie has an international sales section.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd advise hanging on- if its at all possible.
    A sizeable cohort of potential buyers (notably Russians) are pretty much taking a holiday from buying abroad at the moment. In the past 18 months- the Russian government has withdrawn the passports of over 4 million citizens- and a lot of people who haven't had their passports withdrawn- down to the likes of train drivers etc- are under explicit instructions not to travel abroad.

If you wait until things thaw with the Russians (however long this takes)- your potential market will be vastly bigger. As it stands- it'll be a fire sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

Good advice but I have been following worldwide politics for a while now, and from the looks of it relations with Russia will either remain the same or worsen in the next few years...I rather think that selling asap is a better approach, since I expect the euro to crash next year, especially with the whole Greece problem I don't see a potential return of a massive amount of money. I don't want to be stuck in the property market when the EU decides to print out 400 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thetravelbug

Where is your property?
    There are various British owned local agencies for certain areas, otherwise BuglarianProperties is one of the largest to list with. No one really charges a fee to list anyone so just send them details and a few photos, be realistic on your price and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Kensei wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a house in the countryside near the mountains that I'd like to sell, can anyone give me any tips on this? I'm not too fond of brokers cuz it seems that most of them just try to swindle you for money.

How much?

Advertisement