Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange request for dressmaker?

Options
  • 19-07-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Is this a strange request for a dressmaker?

I'm wondering if this dress could be adjusted in such a way so that it actually fits me? I love it but I'm too much of a fattie & haven't lost weight. Can dresses be adjusted to make them bigger? :/

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=93766386

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Is this a strange request for a dressmaker?

I'm wondering if this dress could be adjusted in such a way so that it actually fits me? I love it but I'm too much of a fattie & haven't lost weight. Can dresses be adjusted to make them bigger? :/

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=93766386

I regularly bring things to a good dressmaker including dresses that don't fit me and need them taken out. A lot depends on the material in the seam and is it actually there to let the dress out. Would anything be suitable as an insert at the side seam.My best suggestion is if you could buy it bring it to a dressmaker and if it's not suitable to alter return it. Its a fab dress!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I've never been to a dressmaker & I'm 30 now so I think it's time!
    I just feel 'embarrassed' or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Don,t be embarrassed there is a first time for everything you have nothing to be embarrassed about as long as you are happy in your own skin thats what matters. Its a lovely dress.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thank you both! Good to know the dressmaker won't look at me as if I have 10 heads anyway and it MIGHT be possible! Thanks to you you both :)

That's their job, if they look at you funny, give your business to someone else ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement