Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatia Itinerary Ideas

Options
  • 18-07-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Myself and my wife are looking to go to Croatia for 14 nights from Dublin, we have been on a few big holidays recently, so we think Croatia would be nice but need maybe 7 nights in a beach like resort (like you would get in spain) for just relaxing, can anyone recommend a itinerary for 14 nights in Croatia.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

I've recently spent 11 days in Croatia with my partner and below is what I did:

- Dubrovnik for 2 nights
    - Hvar for 3 nights
    - Split for 2 nights
    - Pag Island for 2 nights
    - Zadar for 2 nights

We flew into Dubrovnik with Aer Lingus and out of Zadar with Ryanair.

All are by the sea and have beaches; although only Dubrovnik and Split have sandy beaches. Pag Island is a bit out of the way and if you are looking to relax probably isn't the place to go anyway. I think a week could be too long to spend in one of them though but I don't like spending too long in the one place.

If you spent 2 weeks between Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split and Zadar you would have plenty of time to relax without too much travelling. Could fit in other places like Brac or Trogir too either, although didn't make it to either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

Lucky you! Croatia is FAB!
    I've gone on two different holidays to Croatia: first time to Dubrovnik, second time to Poreč in Istria which I would highly recommend for your relaxing holiday. Istria is so fabulous, cannot recommend it enough. Rovinj or Pula are other places to stay in Istria. There's a Mediterranean feel to the place. It's safe, clean, got good facilities, great food, good weather.....everything you'd want from a holiday!

There are LOADS of day trips you can do.
    From Dubrovnik: Mostar (so interesting!) the islands, Montenegro, etc etc
    From Poreč: Venice, Slovenia, truffle farms, olive or wine tours, cycling etc etc

There's great choice of hotels. Valamar are one chain of hotels we were impressed with. Park Plaza Histria in Pula also very good.

We stayed out a bit from Dubrovnik so we had best of both worlds......sun holiday and city break. There's a good local bus service to bring you in in the evenings when all the cruise ship people are gone.

One thing to note (well I found anyway) places don't stay open very late. That suited me grand, but, if you're a night owl, you might be on your own!!!
    Oh and the beaches are pebble beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianfagan

Thanks for the info, all good, we have decided to fly into Zadar and stay 3 nights there, onto Split for 3 nights, Hvar for 4 nights and then Dubrovnik for 4 nights also, we are going last week in August, if any of ye have good things to see or do place let me know, we are more into adventure more than sight seeing.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I know you said adventure over sightseeing but you must go to Plitvice lakes is only an hour and a half away from zadar. I would highly recommend it. just beautiful.

or you could go bungee jumping off Maslenica bridge,thats in zadar too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I know you said adventure over sightseeing but you must go to Plitvice lakes is only an hour and a half away from zadar. I would highly recommend it. just beautiful.

or you could go bungee jumping off Maslenica bridge,thats in zadar too

I was on a trip last year that included Dubrovnik. Some of the rest of the group were on a longer tour than me and they went to Plitvice lakes after they had left Dubrovnik (and me :() I was so jealous! Their photos just looked amazing so definitely go if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Can anyone whose being to Croatia tell me where would be the best place to buy the Croatia currency - best to get in Dublin before i go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just back from Croatia ourselves as of Saturday night. I just used ATMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Can anyone whose being to Croatia tell me where would be the best place to buy the Croatia currency - best to get in Dublin before i go?

AIB had the best rates when we were buying around 6 weeks ago. We got ~7.4 kuna for our €1. Two from our group waited until arriving in Croatia and only got ~6.8 kuna for their €1 so it's worth buying some before you leave.

Advertisement