Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugo Boss Watch Strap

Options
  • 18-07-2015 7:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey
    I'm searching high and low for a watch strap for my Hugo Boss Watch that's nearly 2 years old. HB189.1.27.25364690.928

I've searched online and unless it's the way I am searching I don't get any success. I've emailed HB and got no reply, but I am waiting on their store in Dublin to call me but I would like to explore all options.

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

You can get all kinds of watch straps online or in a jewellers. Is it a metal bracelet or a leather strap?

Straps are usually a standard width like 18, 20 or 22mm across and almost all (I think?) watches use a spring bar to hold the strap in place. I bought a few straps and a spring bar tool for changing straps from this site and found them great. You mightn't be able to get the exact same strap as you currently have but a new strap can give a watch a whole new look and liven it up a bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lizzyman wrote: »
    You can get all kinds of watch straps online or in a jewellers. Is it a metal bracelet or a leather strap?

Straps are usually a standard width like 18, 20 or 22mm across and almost all (I think?) watches use a spring bar to hold the strap in place. I bought a few straps and a spring bar tool for changing straps from this site and found them great. You mightn't be able to get the exact same strap as you currently have but a new strap can give a watch a whole new look and liven it up a bit.

I've asked a watch repair shop and they advised me due to the curved nature of the strap at the top, a standard strap won't do and I would need the original. Many jewellers say go to Boss, with the one I bought it from having let me down when previously I asked but I asked again today. Boss didn't reply but gave me the number of their store in Belfast when I called, saying it was the only one in Ireland. Belfast gave me the number to a store in Dublin who were closed when I called.

So I was hoping I could pick it up online!

All straps curve I would have thought. Do you have a pic of the watch or a link to it online? Googling 'HB189.1.27.25364690.928' brings up nothing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Photographs of the watch below;
    ZAgtwcB.jpg

Ziq214r.jpg

ItRZRCl.jpg

Looks to be a fairly standard watch strap to me Sully tbh. Hopefully Wibbs or one of the other lads on here who are into watches might have some advice.

I did come across this site that sells HB straps, and this one in the UK also.

Edit - I think I know what they mean by curved. The ends of the strap where it meets the watch lugs looks like this?

LFG-04.jpg?15374778825667304735

If so, then you can get curved straps here : http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/hirsch-leonardo-curved-ended-watch-straps

• Advertisement

I tried Bablas earlier today and there closed till August due to renovations but he said it would need to be ordered in as they don't stock it. Will be interesting to see what, if I get one, the official repair will cost as the straps online aren't cheap. Paid over 200 for the watch so would like to keep it in good condition!

Thanks a million for the help so far, appreciated

BOSS called me back today and said including delivery it works out €60. Original strap. Seems to be a normal price!

Sully wrote: »
    BOSS called me back today and said including delivery it works out €60. Original strap. Seems to be a normal price!

Try and get your hands on a spring bar tool also. Handy little thing to have around and it'll save you having to pay a jewellers to fit the strap for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Some more choices here:
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-h595-Curved-Ends-Bands.html

I've bought from this site several times, they're unfussy and efficient. I'm guessing from looking at your watch it is 22mm but you'll need to measure the width of the band where it meets the watch face to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

+1 on Watch-Band Center. Ordered a few times and always good quality and delivered quickly. The one time I had a problem it was because An Post lost the package after it was registered on their system and Watch-Band Center sent a replacement order without any fuss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement