Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Jeans

Options
  • 17-07-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm on the hunt for a pair of black jeans, preferably in the soft material rather than hard denim.

I've a pair from Dunnes that I got last year and they have stretched and faded and they're more of a dark grey now, and I've only worn them about 8 times.

I suppose €20-€30 would be my budget. I would appreciate any help as to where I could get jet black jeans that don't stretch or fade as I'm not having any luck finding any :(

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

is it black skinny jeans you are looking for?

Maybe try Dorothy Perkins? I got a pair there a few years ago that were of the stretchy soft material. I prefer that kind of denim for skinny jeans, way more comfortable!

I tried on a pair in Penney's recently too, but got them in blue as I really didn't need another black pair! lol But they were a nice fit and the blue ones haven't lost their shape after a few wears. I am impressed as I have never been happy with Penney's jeans! They were in the folded jeans section. Might be worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

H&M also have them in that black, soft denim type material. I paid $30 in the US so I'd imagine they'd be around the same price here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks a million for your replies, yup its the black skinny jeans, sorry I completely forgot to say in my OP!!

I will have another look in Penneys, I've checked a few times now and all my local Penneys has in black jeans are ones with rips, which I don't want. I must have another look again though I was there on Weds and they had nothing, wonder if they've got them in since!!

Thanks again guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks a million for your replies, yup its the black skinny jeans, sorry I completely forgot to say in my OP!!

I will have another look in Penneys, I've checked a few times now and all my local Penneys has in black jeans are ones with rips, which I don't want. I must have another look again though I was there on Weds and they had nothing, wonder if they've got them in since!!

Thanks again guys!

check the jeans folded on the shelves by the walls (assuming its the same layout in most stores!). I think they are the black denim super stretch, they are about €13. I think I'll be getting them too though!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    check the jeans folded on the shelves by the walls (assuming its the same layout in most stores!). I think they are the black denim super stretch, they are about €13. I think I'll be getting them too though!! :)

I will have another look. On weds they only had ripped jeans in different blue colours and black and they were hanging up and folded. Mind you, there were those round shelving units that were empty so maybe they were clearing them for more stock. I'll have a look again.

They have jeggings and regular jeans in various colours except black, all red/corals/greens/blues/pinks etc all summery colours.

Is it just me but when I want something specific I never find it, but when I am just looking I always find loads that I like/want? I can't be the only one!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've a pair from Dunnes that I got last year and they have stretched and faded and they're more of a dark grey now, and I've only worn them about 8 times.
    Black Woolite is your friend with black clothes. I'm wearing a black t-shirt that is only fading to gray (still more black than gray) that I got 7 years ago. More chance of the pocket getting holes than the cheapo Dunnes Stores black jeans have of fading. Even the ones I give to charity are still black; they're just too small for me. And I'm the sort who'll wear them several times a month, and have washed them at least twice a month (black wash is all black :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just got a pair of lee cooper from sports direct for 17 euro they are great jeans 70% off i think

I will have another look. On weds they only had ripped jeans in different blue colours and black and they were hanging up and folded. Mind you, there were those round shelving units that were empty so maybe they were clearing them for more stock. I'll have a look again.

They have jeggings and regular jeans in various colours except black, all red/corals/greens/blues/pinks etc all summery colours.

Is it just me but when I want something specific I never find it, but when I am just looking I always find loads that I like/want? I can't be the only one!! :o

I know, it took me ages to realise there were jeans with no actual rips in them, because it seemed to be all I could find & I have no interest in ripped jeans anymore! I don't think I've worn ripped jeans since I was 18 (20 years ago! lol). I am so fussy with jeans, so they have to be just right for me to buy them!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I got black skinnies in Next sale today for €13. Nice fit. River Island also do black straight leg jeans that are nice. They were onsale earlier in the week on their website for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I got a lovely pair in Zara a while back that haven't stretched or faded yet. These are the ones, they don't seem to have them in black online but they might have them in the shop. The link calls them jeggings but they're really more like jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

check tkmax, got levi 511 in there for 35e last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The black skinny jeans in Penneys (can't remember exactly, they're either €11 or €13) are really nice and such a good fit. The only thing is, they don't really fall into the soft jeans category imo but are definitely worth a try on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I get mine in Topshop. Perfect fit.

Advertisement