Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best concealer?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

i'm only 18 but because of my illness, i get the worst dark circles ever. they're practically black. i've tried benefits erase paste and boing, YSL touche eclat and a bunch of maybelline and rimmel.

can anyone recommend a really long lasting full coverage concealer? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I have the same problem. I swear by mac pro longer at concealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Collection Lasting Perfection is very good. If you have a dry under eye area, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is supposedly good if the Collection one is too drying.

If the area is quite dark/blue, it would probably be best to look into colour correctors (Bobbi Brown do some, there are also palettes by MAC), before putting concealer over the area as concealer can't cover up very dark or discoloured areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Try a salmon coloured corrector under your foundation to counteract the blue/darkness. Follow this with your foundation & concealer. I know Inglot do correctors, €14 for a 6ml (could be 8ml?) tube which would last ages as a tiny bit goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

bscm wrote: »
    Collection Lasting Perfection is very good. If you have a dry under eye area, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is supposedly good if the Collection one is too drying.

If the area is quite dark/blue, it would probably be best to look into colour correctors (Bobbi Brown do some, there are also palettes by MAC), before putting concealer over the area as concealer can't cover up very dark or discoloured areas.

the area is dark purple/black.. its quite mortifying

do you know if theres anywhere i could get matched for the nars concealer?

thanks for the advice i will look into the correctors aswell

rougegal wrote: »
    Try a salmon coloured corrector under your foundation to counteract the blue/darkness. Follow this with your foundation & concealer. I know Inglot do correctors, €14 for a 6ml (could be 8ml?) tube which would last ages as a tiny bit goes a long way.

can you buy online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I can't post a link but it's on the Inglot .ie website. The one I use is the tube of concealer for €14. I use the green one under my foundation to correct redness.
    There's also an under eye concealer for €16 but I haven't tried it.
    The store locations are listed on the website too.

rougegal wrote: »
    I can't post a link but it's on the Inglot .ie website. The one I use is the tube of concealer for €14. I use the green one under my foundation to correct redness.
    There's also an under eye concealer for €16 but I haven't tried it.
    The store locations are listed on the website too.

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

idek1 wrote: »
    the area is dark purple/black.. its quite mortifying

do you know if theres anywhere i could get matched for the nars concealer?

thanks for the advice i will look into the correctors aswell

Brown Thomas stock Nars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 silvercrown

I've tried and bought a lot of concealers over the years- some from more expensive brands like Lancome and YSL. I thought the lancome one was brilliant but 30euro fr 5ml is way much. I really recommend Bourjois healthy mix concealer, the collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer and the Maybelline FIT concealer.

The Bourjois concealer is the most longlasting and least amount of creases, its thicker then the other 2, so it's more suited for oiler skin-types. The maybelline one is the most natural

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Another vote here for Collection concealer. I find it very good, and great price too. Only about €6. Good coverage, but not cakey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Another vote here for Bourjois! Very opaque, and lasts well.

I always "set" concealer with a wisp of Translucent blending powder - by Leichner - it's invisible. Stops the dab of concealer rubbing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer, its a bit pricy but lasts forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

katemarch wrote: »
    I always "set" concealer with a wisp of Translucent blending powder - by Leichner - it's invisible. Stops the dab of concealer rubbing away.

Wow - Leichner, that takes me back. I had no idea it was still around.

My mother trained in Beauty Culture in the late 50s and worked in Salons in London & Dublin. She swore by Leichner Camera Clear tint - always used two colours. She used to buy it in joke shop on South King St in the 70s/80s while my brother & I looked at itiching powder and sea monkeys.

Great stuff - but smelt very 'make-uppy'. And always set with the Translucent powder.

Thanks for the memories, and where do you buy it now?

Speedsie wrote: »
    Wow - Leichner, that takes me back. I had no idea it was still around.

Me neither. I wore it for my debs in 1997! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Me neither. I wore it for my debs in 1997! :D

Think I wore it for mine in '89! Probably swiped from my mother's stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@Speedsie - in that exact same shop. They sell theatrical make-up as well as masks and wigs, rubber biscuits, whoopee cushions, chocolate willies and naughty-Fido jokes. Ha ha.
    I got my most recent tub of the powder in the last couple of years but I had to wait for it, they only get supplies occasionally and not that much stock.
    That powder is the cornerstone of make-up - invisible, long-lasting (on a face) and also the tub might last for years and years!

Speedsie wrote: »
    Think I wore it for mine in '89! Probably swiped from my mother's stash.

My hairdresser did my make up and put her Leichner on me. Looking at photos now, I can see that was definitely a bit more olive skinned than me . . . .

Advertisement