Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Travelling Studentships 2015

Options
  • 17-07-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Just posting this as I'm getting quite annoyed with the whole NUI application process this year and am wondering if anyone has heard anything about the interview dates or just why it is taking so long for them to make a shortlist of candidates.

To my knowledge the application deadline was extended from March to April. An email was then sent around saying that we would have a decision on a shortlist by June. Then an email was then sent saying that a decision would hopefully be reached by early July. It's now the 17th of July.

I realise that the people involved in the process must be busy but this award is made every year. Its not as though they didn't know that they would have to do this.

Does anybody have any information on this?

I have emailed the people in charge of it a few days ago but I'm sick of being told that they'll make a decision soon.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AntAunt

I've heard the same - they're making a decision at the moment on final candidates and interviews. It might be that they're not telling people until the final decisions have been made as I know they have a shortlist that they use should those originally selected choose not to take up the scholarship.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Does anyone know how the timeline worked out regarding shortlisting in 2015, and how it might go in 2016?

Advertisement