Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDG Airport -> Eiffel Tower (Hotel 10 mins away) at 10pm in the evening

Options
  • 17-07-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Has anyone any idea what the best method of transport I could take would be for the above details? According to google maps it could take nearly 2 hours, but that doesn't seem right to me, and it doesn't use the metro much in its calculations. For reference, hotel is "Hotel France Eiffel, 8 Rue de Charles". Are there any of the shuttle busses that go to the eiffel tower? How much would a taxi cost? Looking to explore all options.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Access to/from CDG:
    http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/public-transport

Air France Bus 2 to Étoile and then metro route 6 to Dupleix.

Or RER Route B to Montparnasse and then metro route 6 to Dupleix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I can't find your hotel, any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Techmaster wrote: »
    I can't find your hotel, any links?

Just copy and paste into Google Maps - that's how I found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

lxflyer wrote: »
    Just copy and paste into Google Maps - that's how I found it?

See it now, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

lxflyer wrote: »
    Access to/from CDG:
    http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/public-transport

Air France Bus 2 to Étoile and then metro route 6 to Dupleix.

Or RER Route B to Montparnasse and then metro route 6 to Dupleix.

Great, thanks for that :D. Any estimate on travel times for both of these? And I assume they will all be running between 10pm - Midnight no issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

brainiac wrote: »
    Great, thanks for that :D. Any estimate on travel times for both of these? And I assume they will all be running between 10pm - Midnight no issues?

OP, your hotel is on Rue Saint-Charles, not 'Rue De Charles', that probably caused a few of us problems finding it on Google Maps.

The hotel is roughly midway between two Metro stations - Dupleix and Bir-Hakeim, both of them are on the 'C' line which is pale gold/yellow on the Metro maps.

Google Maps is fine for getting a walking or driving route from A to B but it's completely useless for public transport. For that you usually need the local route planner which in the case of Paris is the RATP website. Just type 'CDG' for the start, one of those Metro stations near your hotel for the destination and the time and it will tell you the preferred route. As you will have luggage, I suggest you click the 'fewest changes' option....

http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/recherche-avancee

Advertisement