Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes Bowl. . .

Options
  • 17-07-2015 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Quick question, how easy would it be to get back to London after the Sunday night gig by bus or train ? Cant get anywhere to stay in MK so looking to London now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I went to Pearl Jam in Milton Keynes last summer. There will be loads of trains back to London afterwards although you will have to queue. We had to wait about an hour so not too bad......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I went to Pearl Jam in Milton Keynes last summer. There will be loads of trains back to London afterwards although you will have to queue. We had to wait about an hour so not too bad......

Did you go over for the gig specifically ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When i went to see the Foo's last time in Milton Keynes we got a shuttle bus organised by see tickets (similar to the Marathon coaches over here) , and worked out great and handy

When i went to see the Foo's last time in Milton Keynes we got a shuttle bus organised by see tickets (similar to the Marathon coaches over here) , and worked out great and handy

We have booked with Ticketmaster.

We have booked a hotel near Euston Station, we couldnt get anywhere in MK, so the plan is to get a train to and from MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

threein99 wrote: »
    We have booked with Ticketmaster.

We have booked a hotel near Euston Station, we couldnt get anywhere in MK, so the plan is to get a train to and from MK.

Not sure why anyone would want to stay in MK itself...

• Advertisement

Not sure why anyone would want to stay in MK itself...

To be close to the venue :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

threein99 wrote: »
    To be close to the venue :confused:

Well the train/bus only takes an hour and you´d have more craic in London afterwards anyway. Head up to MK early on the day itself. There´s usually good craic going on in the park beside the bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chimera88

Luton airport is by far the easiest from MK if it's only the gig you're bothered about, only about half an hour on a bus.

Otherwise I'd definitely recommend going back into London, not a lot of fun to be had in MK I can assure you.

Chimera88 wrote: »
    Luton airport is by far the easiest from MK if it's only the gig you're bothered about, only about half an hour on a bus.

Otherwise I'd definitely recommend going back into London, not a lot of fun to be had in MK I can assure you.

We booked a place in London, into Gatwick the day before the gig, and home the day after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I was at that gig! It was epic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Just found out tonight that I'm going to the Saturday gig. We are staying in Luton. Had a quick Google there. Anyone got any idea about getting to Milton Keynes and back to Luton?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Does anyone know of any place in Milton Keynes near the main train station that might show the Mayo Dublin match tomorrow?

Or somewhere that has many TVs that might put sky Sports on for me!

Thanks

Does anyone know of any place in Milton Keynes near the main train station that might show the Mayo Dublin match tomorrow?

Or somewhere that has many TVs that might put sky Sports on for me!

Thanks

It's probably going to be on sky sports so you should have a chance of finding somewhere.

Amazing gig, fantastic weather, pit passes and an awesome setlist, couldn't have gone any better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Class gig alright. Love to be able to see them indoors but none of the European dates suit :(

Class gig alright. Love to be able to see them indoors but none of the European dates suit :(

A lot of them look sold out as well, I was looking yesterday

Advertisement