Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this please ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

They are currently on Watch Shop for £349 (€501), and the cheapest I could see on Amazon was £228 (€327).

Personally, I really don't like Roman numerals on watches, but if you like it I'd go for it, it's a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Anjobe wrote: »
    They are currently on Watch Shop for £349 (€501), and the cheapest I could see on Amazon was £228 (€327).

Personally, I really don't like Roman numerals on watches, but if you like it I'd go for it, it's a pretty good deal.
    Cheers Anjobe, I know it's personal taste and all that. My primary concern is the whole is it real or fake thing. It's a very popular brand for the dreaded counterfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

There are always loads of that brand on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just off the phone with Groupon. Asked them who the source is. They said its ILoveWatch. Anyone care to input on the legitimacy (or not) of this crowd ?

The usual adage of 'if is appears too good to be true......' is ringing in my ears. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Dodzy - if you like it, then go for it. Watches are completely a personal choice.

You asked for opinions, so here's mine:

You're paying for the brand. The movement is unlikely to be especially good - cheap Japanese or Chinese. If anything goes wrong, you'll find it hard to get it repaired.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-Seiko-Sport-Chrono-SPC151P1/dp/B00SJVBSGW/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1437139600&sr=8-23&keywords=seiko+chrono

Similar watch - cheaper...get it delivered via ParcelMotel....and it's a Seiko. This will last for years, and if needed, will be easy enough to repair.

If you want the ARMANI brand on your wrist, then go for the Armani - if you want a decent watch that looks like that, consider the Seiko, or keep shopping.

I realise that this is a bit narrow-minded, but my view is that Seiko don't make jeans, why do Armani make watches? It's all about the brand.

Hope you enjoy whatever you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Several jewellers near me have these in the window and I see quite a few people around wearing them. I find the branding looks a bit tacky to my eyes but then again I'm not a huge fan of designer brand labels anyway.

The Seiko SNZG17K1 has a similar gun metal finish, comes from a respected watch making firm and has an automatic movement vs quartz. Lot cheaper too and you get to avoid the sinking feeling that you've spent €250 on the ARMANI brand label and a tenner on the actual watch.

P1030756.jpg

Advertisement