Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't set Mp3 as a Ringtone

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have a Samsung Galaxy gt-5839i. All the music is gone from the music player (the cd symbol on the home screen). I have mp3's in my music folder and I can play them one at a time, but there is no option to set them as a ringtone. I put them in a ringtones folder but when I go to settings and try and change the ringtone, its only the factory settings ones that are there. It has me drove mad. I've spent hours on google but cant find any help. I would be grateful if someone out there can help me. Cheers. RB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hey folks. My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have a Samsung Galaxy gt-5839i. All the music is gone from the music player (the cd symbol on the home screen). I have mp3's in my music folder and I can play them one at a time, but there is no option to set them as a ringtone. I put them in a ringtones folder but when I go to settings and try and change the ringtone, its only the factory settings ones that are there. It has me drove mad. I've spent hours on google but cant find any help. I would be grateful if someone out there can help me. Cheers. RB.

Did you try pressing and holding the song? You should get a pop up if you do this, with one of the options being "set as ringtone"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

What Android version has this phone?

You may need to manually re-scan the media/music files on your SD card, but it depends if this phone is updated to 4.0 or above...

Some SD scanners in Google Play Store only work on older models, and some on 4.0 or above.

Here's an older one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bero.sdrescan&hl=en

and another one for Android 4.0 and up:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.jerickson314.sdscanner

Check also with your file manager if there is a .nomedia file in the folder with your mp3's as this would mean it will not show up in a scan, which should happen when you re-boot.

Your mp3's should show up in the default Music Player and it is strange that they don't, just see below the simple procedure for adding your files as ringtones, but you need your Music Player to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Sorry I'm only getting back to ye and thanks for your help. I discovered if I download the songs online on the phone they will go into the music player and I can set them as a ringtone. I still can't do it from the music folder though. But I find the songs do disappear from the player at times. Its just a rubbish phone. Thanks for all your help. RB.

Advertisement