Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocal Range: Voice now singing a semi-tone higher.

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I been singing and playing guitar, and have had I guess, a lay off of about 6 months, from singing.

I've started singing again noticed that I need to push all the songs up a semi-tone higher to get the comfortable power and range. The songs seemed a bit too deep in the old key.

Is this normal after a lay off? I'm adjusting the key at the moment and wondering will I have to drop the key down a semi-tone after the vocals are exercised a bit?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

A lay off period could be just what your voice needed if you were very active and using poor technique and what could possibly have happened in fact is that following your 'rest' you have actually entered the point at which you are naturally inclined to sing. Given what you ask and the limited details available, it would be difficult for anybody to make a definitive adjudication on why this has happened but this is certainly a possibility.
    Bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

That makes sense Bobby. Thanks for that. I'd say you're spot on.

Advertisement