Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many dogs....

Options
  • 16-07-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Out of interest, and excluding packs of foots etc. How many dogs do lads have?
    And how many is too many? It's very easy to get bogged down with too many...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

its All about what time you have for them.What you can afford.iv a fair few :D but my lifestyle/work will let me have that many my women shoots and helps if im away for the day so thats a help.I do a lot of shooting so i like a few dogs to chose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

True enough! So how many is a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Ive 5 at the min.2 springers.2 lurchers.1 little jack russell if i had the room, believe me, id have more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

allan450 wrote: »
    its All about what time you have for them.What you can afford.iv a fair few :D but my lifestyle/work will let me have that many my women shoots and helps if im away for the day so thats a help.I do a lot of shooting so i like a few dogs to chose from.

I'm the same, the work life balance has been good so I somehow ended up with 14 dogs 2yrs ago, springers, springerxbeagles & 2 foots. Nearly ended up taring my hair out. I may as well have been milking cows they took up so much time & in the end I just wasn't giving them an even amount of time and my conscious was getting to me.

I've been dwindling down a dog at a time and I'm back to 7 now. I'm happy with that and I was just wondering how many dogs others feel they can cope with, taking into consideration exercise and all the rest.

Advertisement