Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice for Disability Living Allowance

Options
  • 16-07-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys!.

So my situation is, Last December I moved up to Northern Ireland.

Ive been a full time resident of NI since and iam moving back to the republic of ireland in a few weeks.

Obviously before I moved I contacted the DLA Department and got them to cancel it which then i received a 'Termination notice' by letter.

I called them today explaining that i lost my job up north 'which is the reason why i moved in December' and that iam moving back down in a few weeks

The lady on the phone explained to me that I need a letter from NI social welfare saying iam not receiving anything *Thats fine* and my P45 *no problem* and a letter stating iam in the south *okaii dokaii* but she also mentioned that because they terminated it 'even though i told them' that i might have to re-apply from scratch 'which does not make sense as i have not been out of country that long and iam sure they have my details still'

So iam feeling slightly anxious about this as i dont have any money at all right now and il be living with family until i get dla

Has anyone had any similar situations ?? and could offer advice?? iam just afraid i wont get DLA even though i was entitled to it no problem 7 months ago!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Ok so down here it is just Disability Allowance.
    Im afraid you will have to complete the application process again, that's just the way it is, there's nothing can be done about it.
    While you are waiting to hear back, you can go to your local CWO for an interim payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sabertooth_00

Hi there!

You see, before i moved to northern ireland, I was living and been living in Ireland all my life and been receiving
    disability living allowance from 2012 until 7 months ago when i moved to northern ireland.

With this, will i still have to freshly re-apply or will they not just continue it as they did when i was living in ireland 7
    months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

As haveringchick already stated you will have to make a fresh application for Disability Allowance along with all the supporting documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sabertooth_00

OK, even if just 7 months ago i was receiving it until i moved to northern ireland?

I called them and they still have all my information on there system etc...

or does none of that matter?

just feel alittle confused

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You will have to reapply as has been stated.

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement