Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5htp in carry on luggage

Options
  • 15-07-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'll be travelling to the UK in a few weeks and hoping to pick up a few bottles of 5HTP while i'm there. It's just a supplement but as far as i'm aware its either illegal now in Ireland or only available by prescription. Im only bringing carry on luggage with me, so just wondering if anyone has any idea whether they will be taken off me at security or will it be okay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How big are the bottles? You can only bring 100ml containers of liquids in your hand luggage, regardless of what is in them.

If the item is illegal in Ireland, I don't think people here are allowed give advise on getting it past security/customs at the airport, unless you have a prescription for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Yeah, i figured as much. I'm actually not sure whether they are or not. They used to be legal here but I can't seem to find them anywhere now. They are not liquids btw, just capsules. Anyway if in doubt, feel free to close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Security at your departure don't care if what you're carrying is illegal/banned in your destination, once it's not illegal where your leaving from and once it's not liquids.

It would be up to customs here to stop you and do a search if what you're bringing in is illegal.

Advertisement