Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding outfit?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all do you think the dress attached would be suitable for a wedding or is it too casual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've worn something very similar to a wedding before, so I don't think it would be too casual - with the right heels/wedges/belt/clutch combo!

What kind of material is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think it depends what composition it is. If is some kind of chiffon or viscose you could pair it up with tailored blazer and some heels.

But it looks to me it is some kind of jersey and they feel very casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think it depends what composition it is. If is some kind of chiffon or viscose you could pair it up with tailored blazer and some heels.

But it looks to me it is some kind of jersey and they feel very casual.

That's what I was getting at :) I think jersey dresses tend to be more casual and it's hard to dress them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭marykitty47

Yeah it is kind of jersey material..Im finding it hard to get a nice long dress in size 20. Ive attached a picture of the dress on me.

Dress does look very flattering and it is a very nice dress. I think it is up to you. In the end you want something that you feel comfortable and confident in. The shape is completely wedding appropriate, pattern and colours are nice. The problem is only if it looks better with flip flops than high heels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It looks very nice on you! I think it would be fine. Just dress it up with jewellery, shoes, bag etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It really suits you, I say go with it! I think with dressy wedges, eye-catching jewelry and a nice shawl in a contrasting colour or in white it would be wedding appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

That dress looks really well on you!!
    That's actually a great dress you have there - it can be dressed up or down!
    You can dress it up with some good jewellery, maybe something with a bit of sparkle and silver or gold sandals. Agreed with another poster - a shawl in a contrasting colour, say fushia would really set it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The dress looks much better on you than in the initial picture. I'd dress it up a bit with heels (but that might just be me, I like my heels) and some jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

That dress looks so good on you-very flattering.
    I wouldn't wear wedges with it though because that could make it look a bit summery/casual.

Dressy heels, hair and make up done and it's perfect.

Enjoy the wedding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Red shawl, or fake-fur wrap, and a chunk of good jewellery in that nicely shaped neckline. Wear a crisp hat or headpiece, sorted!

It'll be lovely, it really suits you. Just be careful to avoid a "floppy" look.

I must say I would go in completely opposite direction. The pattern is fairly busy so I would make it a feature and go easy on colours and textures with a simple tailored blazer in white or black (or whatever the dark colour is). Maybe some colour in accessories. Because material of the dress seems "soft" you do need some structure to counter it imo and I would totally steer away from shawls.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭marykitty47

Hi mods can you delete this thread or even the picture

Advertisement