Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish student in UK - Financial help

Options
  • 15-07-2015 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

Long story short is I'm struggling financially to pay for my studies in england. I just about made it through my first year (with no help from susi - as the course I was doing was 1 year in length (foundation yr) they wouldn't give me any financial support)

I am re-applying for that this year as I'm on a 3 year degree, and I have applied for SFE Tuition loan. But my question is, is there anything else I can apply for? Coming from a single parent home, it's going to be really tough this year - to the point where I'm questioning if I'll actually be able to attend university. I will be working but due to a heavy timetable I won't be able to work many hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really don't know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

PJsmith123 wrote: »
    Hey,

Long story short is I'm struggling financially to pay for my studies in england. I just about made it through my first year (with no help from susi - as the course I was doing was 1 year in length (foundation yr) they wouldn't give me any financial support)

I am re-applying for that this year as I'm on a 3 year degree, and I have applied for SFE Tuition loan. But my question is, is there anything else I can apply for? Coming from a single parent home, it's going to be really tough this year - to the point where I'm questioning if I'll actually be able to attend university. I will be working but due to a heavy timetable I won't be able to work many hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really don't know what to do.

You can still apply to SUSI for the maintenance part of the grant as dependent upon your mother and you will get the non adjacent rate if you are eligible.

Advertisement