Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Housing Application

Options
  • 14-07-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, today i went in to the council and got the forms to get on the council housing list. im told there'll be an assessment interview to claim if im eligable to go on this list or not. im currently moving out of the family home, things are not going well there and its definitely time seeing as im 26, im single, im unemployed but doing a part time course and need this interview to go well so i can apply for rent allowance or else ill be moving nowhere. can anyone tell me what they ask in this assessment interview? any information would help me hugely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,447 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If your not pregnant, have kids or on drugs you will go to the back of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emmamcIRL

i dont mind being at the back of the list once im just on the thing. to get rent allowance, they request at least a need for social housing so thats my reasoning behind it at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

I dont kmw where you are but if you are in Tipp you would not get rent suqlement but you could apply for HAP
    Check it out

I'm in Meath. HAP isn't in operation here as far as I'm aware

emmamcIRL wrote: »
    I'm in Meath. HAP isn't in operation here as far as I'm aware

The fact that your going to be interviewed tells me that its probably HAP
    Ask at the interview

• Advertisement

The fact that your going to be interviewed tells me that its probably HAP
    Ask at the interview

Have you done this interview before? I'd really like to know what kind of questions i might be asked. I want their decision to be yes

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

If your not pregnant, have kids or on drugs you will go to the back of the list.

I can't get pregnant, I have no kids, but am on drugs will that help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

do you have anymore info on HAP for tipperary, i've googled it but not alot coming up regarding Tipp

Tina82 wrote: »
    do you have anymore info on HAP for tipperary, i've googled it but not alot coming up regarding Tipp

HAP was introduced in Tipp on 6 July this year.
    The only applicants who will get rent supplement from now on are those who are on it already, who were on it in the last 12 months, or who have been renting for at least 6 months, were able to afford the rent when they moved in but are not now in a position to pay ( lost their job in other words).
    Everybody else is going to be applying for HAP.
    Go to your local authority office, complete a housing needs application form, submit it, then when and if you are assessed as in need of housing, you ook for accommodation (the rent supplement rent limits still apply) and go back to your local authority instead of going to the CWO as of old.
    One of the differences between RS and HAP is that here is no limit on your weekly hours of work. Differential rent will apply as with original social housing.

Advertisement