Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Schoolhouse Swords dress code?

Options
  • 14-07-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Going here for the first time on Friday, I#m 21 male. Any idea if there's a dress code as in do I have to wear shoes or could I wear a pair of canvas runners? Doubt there'd be bouncers at the door of a pub?

Thanks anyone who has been give me info, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It's a gastro pub, wear what you would normally wear to any pub.

Have a good night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Gastro pub? Really?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They do have bouncers

I go there regularly in jeans and converse you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lux23 wrote: »
    Gastro pub? Really?

Thought this thread was in Food & Drink but going on their website, food looks good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And they have their own brewery now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BeerNut wrote: »
    And they have their own brewery now :cool:

Are they not still going through planning for that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Their rhubarb and custard brown ale would suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mankini and a sombrero, OP. Shiny pair of wellingtons if you want to go formal. No fringe tassels on the sombrero, though. You don't want to look like a tourist.

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement