Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport from Barcelona to Salou approx 1:30am

Options
  • 14-07-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I'm staying in sanguli in late August. And I'm looking to go to a match in the nou camp. The match is not starting until 11pm

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get transport back to salou at that late stage. Would be about 130 am I'd say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056649913&page=2

Here's a thread from three years ago. Post#32 suggests that the last train is at 22.00 hours (10pm). If that's still the case, it looks as if you would have to pass the time until the first departure. The McDonalds in the station(Sants) has free wifi to while away the hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭xalot

According to the TripAdvisor forum there are supporter clubs that organise travel, might be worth looking in to. I've copied and pasted one response for you. Is it a FCB game - if so how do you know the exact kick off time, la Liga don't announce the office day/time until ten days before due to television rights etc.

There are in fact THREE local Barcelona supporters clubs in the general area of Salou.

The local name for them in the Catalan language is "Penya."

One is in Salou and there are 2 more nearby. One is in Vilaseca and one in Cambrils which are very very closeby; indeed until a few years ago the resort was legally one joint town of Salou-Vilaseca but they are now legally split.

The addresses are:

Salou: Carrer de l'Ametlla de Mar 8

Vilaseca: Carrer de la Verge de la Pineda 45

Cambrils: Carrer Valencia 12

The two just outside Salou can be spotted on-line in the Street View facility on Google Maps and have big signs outside using the Penya word, specifically "Penya Barça" although Street View is not so helpful for the one in Salou.

If you head for them whilst on holiday a few days before the match you can negotiate for a place on the bus and a ticket too. The question of opening hours for La Penya can be tricky. Just wander round some days before and see what is going on is the best advice to start with. Sometimes they are in a bar or similar though that doesn't seem to be the case with the two you can see on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

We were here last year and AFAIK there were 101 different options of going to the match when Barcelona were playing. Typically there are buses up from Salou and back that evening. Just check with reception assuming you are stating in an apartment block on a package deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

busplana definitely travel back that late

Advertisement