Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview query

Options
  • 14-07-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I attended for an interview for a teaching post yesterday, just wondering is the successful candidate usually notified that day or could it take longer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Clint212 wrote: »
    Hi,

I attended for an interview for a teaching post yesterday, just wondering is the successful candidate usually notified that day or could it take longer?

How long is a piece of string? Going by the threads on here, some candidates knew they had the job before the interview and then at the other end of the spectrum some candidates never got any reply!

I'd say give it till Monday next week to ring reception (if there's anyone there!) or maybe a follow up email. If there's nothing stirring after that then wait for another week and maybe ask if it would be possible to get any feedback from the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Clint212 wrote: »
    Hi,

In all of my experience the successful candidate hears within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

highly1111 wrote: »

Yeah I'd go along with that too. I've done 4 in the last month and for the one I got I heard at half 9 the morning after. That interview was at half 5 in the evening as well so really it was straight away. Of the others, one rang me the evening of the interview to let me know I hadn't got it and I was able to get some great feedback from them too. One (an ETB) took almost 2 weeks to send an email to me telling me I hadn't got the job and hasn't been forthcoming with any sort of feedback as of yet despite numerous emails and calls requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Clint212

Thanks for your experiences folks, much appreciated. The waiting game is a painful one, but Im letting this one go I reckon, hopefully onwards and upwards from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

highly1111 wrote: »

Would agree with this, however very often the successful candidate can ask for some time to consider and then may down it down, so hearing after 48 hours while maybe unlikely isn't entirely impossible. If you haven't heard after a week I'd ring and ask. This was one of the questions I always asked at my interviews - when would I be informed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Clint212

Thanks for your replys. Just wondering also, have any of ye taught in the UK? Im half thinking of applying to schools in Wales, do u think i should contact the school directly, send on the cv etc?

Advertisement