Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Watch Repair Kit

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Like you say for the price of a pint you can't really go wrong. You do wonder how they can make this stuff so cheaply.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

As Wibbs says you can't go wrong, I reckon they'd be grand for changing a battery in a quartz watch. They must be made with slave labour though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Think I have that kit. All I ever use is the watch band holder and link remover. Spring bar tool is poor iirc. That said the kit will exceed expectations given price. Think I paid 5 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Not bad for the price at all, but I would be wary of trying to remove a screw off back with that opener....unless you like scrapes and scratches!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Most of the stuff there is useless and will cause scratches and damage. Similar to cutting food with a blunt knife, its more dangerous than a good quality sharp one.

I have used most of the bits in that kit.
    -Springbar tool is useless, blunt after one usage (point of one of the forks actually cracked off).
    -other springbar/bracelet tools are similar. the heads fall out of them too easily.
    -The blue bracelet removal tool is not too bad, i still use mine occasionally for resizing.
    -the hammer is grand, havnt really used it.
    -pliers are terrible, can get better anywhere
    -screwdrivers, heads came off them. they were held in place with a piece of base metal!

yea its super cheap but that doesnt mean its worth a shot, you could end up doing more damage than good when a tool cracks/breaks and skids across your watch leaving a deep gouge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Best tool I have found for removing screw on backs is the sticky ball. Guaranteed no scratches.

Advertisement