Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking an introductory book on physics/electricity

Options
  • 14-07-2015 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Hello!

As per the title, etc.

I'm starting to work with a lot of audio equipment, and just want to learn and understand more about how electricity works, essentially.
    I only took science up to Junior Cert in school (so, 15 years ago or thereabouts) and didn't exactly 'bond' with it (ba-dum tsshh), so my knowledge of the subject has large gaps at the fundamental levels.

I don't need it to be simplistic or anything, just need it to start 'from the beginning', and be fairly comprehensive as it develops.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

"Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Alexander and Sadiku is what you start with in college physics courses on basic circuits etc. It does get quite mathematical, especially once you move onto AC circuits, but it has the basics there.

If it's too difficult and/or not practical enough, you're better off just looking for online resources like Khan Academy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Wikipedia is pretty good for electrics / electronics too.
    more to look up individual concepts and ideas/definitions than any structured way though.

Advertisement