Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google chromecast

Options
  • 13-07-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

so if I buy a google chromecast dongle throw it onto the back of the telly -everything i look at on me laptop can be seen on the telly

is that basically it

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Everything you look at in Google Chrome on your laptop you can view on the telly. If you are using a programme outside the browser, eg photoshop, you can't see that on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

You can cast your entire screen but it's 'experimental'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

There are so many things, not just from Chrome or a Laptop, from your phone, Android or i-Device....

so many Apps with casting built-in, including YouTube, Google Music, etc, etc.....

And local media, video or music, using something like Local Cast or Allcast apps.

Of course, online streaming media, unmentionable here, but easily found.

Using the cast function in Chrome Browser on a Laptop us probably the last thing you will do once you start using this little device.

I would read this, or something like it, for further info:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gadgets/portable-video/chromecast-1171126/review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

+1 for LocalCast. Wonderful Android app, and free too.
    Can even cast from a shared drive plugged into the router using DLNA or SMB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

VideoStream for casting from your laptop to the TV, using your phone as a remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

VideoStream for casting from your laptop to the TV, using your phone as a remote.

I'm looking at getting one of these to stream video from my home NAS, so if any transcoding had to be done where would that take place, on the NAS or the chromecast. Videostream was the app I was looking to use.

thanks.

Advertisement