Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half to Full Marathon 16 weeks

Options
  • 13-07-2015 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey,

Ran my third half marathon at the weekend.
    1:57. Happy enough with it as I started too fast, i hadn't done much training and I was out the night before!
    But now the real training starts and I need to get serious.

16 weeks until Dublin marathon.
    Does anyone have a training programme they can recommend to me. I googled and always seem to arrive at a paying one.

Would people recommend the Athlone 3/4 for a biggie before Dublin?

All advice appreciated. It's quite daunting thinking I'll have to double the half!

Thanks
    Oirishfruitie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

You should be fine.

You'll have to increase your weekly mileage, but don't do it instantly, build it up slowly over the weeks so that you hit your peak two weeks before the event.

Dr Jack Daniels has some handy plans based on different time frames and abilities. Look them up online or buy his book.

Listen to your body. Don't overtrain. Tiredness is normal but fatigue and over-training can lead to injury and that is the last thing you want.

I've never done Athlone, but it is timed to work for anyone training the DCM. Give it a go, and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Search for the DCM novice thread. They've plans and an amazing team to help and assist if required.

Advertisement