Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year in america

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

You might want to take a look at this:
    http://www.eilireland.org/study-abroad/countries/usa/high-school-in-america

I don't know anyone who went to the USA with this company but I know of two people who went to different countries (One went to France for a year). Apparently they're supposed to be a great company! It might be pricey though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I've never heard of someone going abroad for the whole of TY. However you can go abroad for work experience and people in my year did do it. However you will need someone to get you the placement. It's who you know not what you know mostly when it comes to work experience for my year anyway. You'll also need a family member or friend to stay with over there. I'd start looking into it as soon as possible if I was you.

Advertisement