Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed term contract ending am I entitled to redundancy?

Options
  • 13-07-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I was on a FTC for 2 years and then extended onto a SPC for 6 months. This is now ending. Am I entitled to redundancy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I wouldn't think so, you would probably have to be a permanent member of staff. When I got redundancy there were contractors in the company longer than me who weren't entitled to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lizabbey7

Having been employed by the same employer for over 2 years do I not avail of the same rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭SteM

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/contracts_of_employment/fixed_term_or_specified_purpose_contracts.html

Redundancy
    An employee who has worked continuously for at least 104 weeks under a fixed-term or specified purpose contract may qualify for a redundancy payment when the contract ends.

No more information than that though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You aren't being made redundant. Your contract has ended

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lizabbey7

godtabh wrote: »
    You aren't being made redundant. Your contract has ended
    I know that but according to legislation it appears as same rights. I was really just wondering did anyone have experience of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

lizabbey7 wrote: »
    I know that but according to legislation it appears as same rights. I was really just wondering did anyone have experience of this.

I do know from my own experience, that there were a number of people I used to work with who were on fixed therm contracts. Which kept getting extend. A few who were working for 3 and half years did not get there contracts extend and did receive statutory redundancy!

Advertisement