Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prayer schedule

Options
  • 13-07-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anybody tell me if it is normal for Muslims to be praying until 3.30 in the morning for Ramadan?. I am almost sure the tenant in the flat above me is a Muslim and last night they seemed to be praying for a long period up until 3.30 am. I had to sleep in the kitchen as I could hear her through the ceiling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 madame rouge

During Ramadan, and in particular the last 10 days of Ramadan, many Muslims pray and ask for forgiveness from Allah throughout the night until dawn, which is about 3:30. In the last 10 days of Ramadan is 'laylat ul qadr' the night of destiny. Muslims believe that this night is better than a thousand months so worship on this night will get immense reward from Allah. Muslims also ask Allah for all the good things they want from this life and the hereafter in the hope that their prayers will be answered.
    Your neighbour probably doesn't realise that her voice is carrying so far. If it bothers you you could mention it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

During Ramadan, and in particular the last 10 days of Ramadan, many Muslims pray and ask for forgiveness from Allah throughout the night until dawn, which is about 3:30. In the last 10 days of Ramadan is 'laylat ul qadr' the night of destiny. Muslims believe that this night is better than a thousand months so worship on this night will get immense reward from Allah. Muslims also ask Allah for all the good things they want from this life and the hereafter in the hope that their prayers will be answered.
    Your neighbour probably doesn't realise that her voice is carrying so far. If it bothers you you could mention it to her.

I'm going to have to, it's only last night that I've put two and two together and realised that she's probably Muslim. I've heard it before now and I thought I was going insane hearing murmurs in the middle of the night!.

Advertisement