Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outsourcing Advertising Sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

If you know anything about commercial publishing encompassing advertisng would know that you cannot afford to outsource, or pay for that level of service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blix

Not a particularly helpful comment and not correct information either. Since starting the thread, I have done some research and am now in discussion with some companies that are offering the service that I want.
    Contrary to what you say outsourced advertising sales can reduce costs. Building a sales team from scratch can be very difficult and expensive. A sales agency will provide experienced sales professionals who have built relationships with advertisers and their agencies. The service they provide is a great option for some media owners whose core expertise is not advertising sales, or those who do not have the time to invest in building an in-house advertising sales team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You're essentially talking about media representation services. I was involved in founding one of these companies back in the mid nineties, whereby we would sell advertising space on commission for publications and what we found was that the Irish market is just too small. Eventually we decided to move into publishing directly by hoovering up a few of our clients.

Sorry you did not like my post. I am always delighted to be proven wrong, I learn something new... Happy days! Do post as to how well it goes for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

pedronomix wrote: »
    If you know anything about commercial publishing encompassing advertisng would know that you cannot afford to outsource, or pay for that level of service!!

Absolute nonsense. OP looking for recommendations not opinions.

Strategic partnerships / alliances can prove to be mutually beneficial if the right deal can be struck with the right company. Even a straight up agency relationship can work well in the medium term. As mentioned by Blix the fixed cost position and level of investment required to do this 'in house' can be prohibitive and not very effective in the short term. In addition sales lead times for new teams can be lengthy. Prudent to work with an established company with well established relationship, that can generate the leads and sales in a shorter time frame.

• Advertisement

Having been in the trade publishing business in the past, my advice is based on real experience, but of course I may be wrong. I hear the bees, let's see the honey!

Advertisement