Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KronoSwiss Laminate Floor

Options
  • 13-07-2015 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All

Thinking of putting down Krono Swiss laminate flooring in our hall and Kitchen/Living area. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand ? Would they recommend it or is there a better brand i should be looking at?

Cheers
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I haven't personal experience to offer I am afraid

But I am also looking at using them, they are a very nice looking finish and the showroom laid floors look to hold up well

They have a 25 year guarantee as well so that should inspire confidence

Hopefully someone on here can come along and offer some actual experience and recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

Thanks NyOmnishambles

Think the same as yourself from looking at them in the showrooms and would love to hear from anyone who has used them etc

Where were you looking at the Krono swiss?

Have also been looking at the Balterio range which are also quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

pauliemc wrote: »
    Thanks NyOmnishambles

Think the same as yourself from looking at them in the showrooms and would love to hear from anyone who has used them etc

Where were you looking at the Krono swiss?

Have also been looking at the Balterio range which are also quite good.

Hi Paulie

I was looking at the Kronoswiss in the Noyeks Newmans showrooms

http://www.noyeks.ie/kronoswiss-luxury-laminate-flooring

I think it is probably more expensive than the Balterio but it seems to be a bit thicker, I haven't seen the Balterio yet myself in person so can't comment on its quality but it also seems to have a 25 year guarantee

We recently got some Kronoswiss from Noyeks - it's only down a few weeks now but so far no problems at all. It looks good anyway! Went into hall, living room and kitchen. This is the one we went for in the end.

Mr Cali installed it himself, said it was easy, good quality, and because it's 12mm cuts well around corners/door frames. We ran it through to the walls and put new skirting on top. The floor is slightly uneven in one place and the board over it creaks a bit, but I kind of like that... reminds me of real wood! :p

Noyeks were very efficient with order and delivery, haggle with them and they *might* give you a slightly better deal than advertised. Only other thing to note is that I think there is only matching beading available - not the other wider strips that people sometimes put between doors/borders. Not an issue for us, but check just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Cali_girl wrote: »
    We recently got some Kronoswiss from Noyeks - it's only down a few weeks now but so far no problems at all. It looks good anyway! Went into hall, living room and kitchen. This is the one we went for in the end.

Mr Cali installed it himself, said it was easy, good quality, and because it's 12mm cuts well around corners/door frames. We ran it through to the walls and put new skirting on top. The floor is slightly uneven in one place and the board over it creaks a bit, but I kind of like that... reminds me of real wood! :p

Noyeks were very efficient with order and delivery, haggle with them and they *might* give you a slightly better deal than advertised. Only other thing to note is that I think there is only matching beading available - not the other wider strips that people sometimes put between doors/borders. Not an issue for us, but check just in case...

Hi Caligirl,

I m just wondering what you the Kronoswiss laminate cost you per sq. yd/sq. m? It looks very light in the photo, how does it look down?

• Advertisement

Worked out approx 20eur per sqy in the end (but hard to say exactly as we haggled some discounts due to volume and as we got some doors and kitchen bits off them in same order).

It is pretty light down and has a slight grey tinge. In fact I wanted a very pale look and was originally planning on the paler "Isabelline" Oak version - but that was way too white looking. I'd take a photo for you but it's meaningless - the shade changes completely throughout the day / and according to lighting. Definitely get a few samples and look at it in situ first. Oh and remember that as it's laminate it won't ever darken up like a real or semi solid will.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Brenner65

Hi All,

Just looking at the KronoSwiss Grand Selection range for my kitchen/living area. Was very reluctant to consider putting a laminate in originally to the kitchen but the more I read the more comfortable I am with it. It appears to have an AC rating of 5 and is water resistant (obviously to a point). Can I ask if you any of you went ahead with it and if you're happy? Much Obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

HI Brenner65,

Sorry for the slow reply on this. We didn't go with the KronoSwiss in the end but did go with the quickstep 12mm laminiate for our kitchen and hall. They are AC 5 and we havnt had any problems at all with them. the other half is delighted with them. they clean up easy and look great. Ours are "waterproof" aswell but I wouldn't be willing to leave pools of water on them but no issues with the usual drips and spills you would expect in a kitchen area.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Brenner65 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just looking at the KronoSwiss Grand Selection range for my kitchen/living area. Was very reluctant to consider putting a laminate in originally to the kitchen but the more I read the more comfortable I am with it. It appears to have an AC rating of 5 and is water resistant (obviously to a point). Can I ask if you any of you went ahead with it and if you're happy? Much Obliged.

Hi Brenner,

I'm wondering if you went ahead with the Kronoswiss laminate floor and, if so, are you satisfied with the result? I am thinking of putting down the 14mm in my livingroom and hall.

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Brenner65

macsauce wrote: »
    Hi Brenner,

I'm wondering if you went ahead with the Kronoswiss laminate floor and, if so, are you satisfied with the result? I am thinking of putting down the 14mm in my livingroom and hall.

Thanks,

M

Howdy Macsauce,

We ended up getting the balterio grandeur range from floor design. It's only down a month but we are so far very happy. Easy to clean. Takes the spills well. Lovely finish. We've a large area so the wider boards look really well. No regrets yet. I hope to be still saying that in a years time !

Best of luck with your decision. I think we could have floored our house with all the samples we gathered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Thanks so much for the feedback Brenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

macsauce wrote: »
    Hi Brenner,

Thanks,

M

Hi Macsauce,

Just wondering if you put the 14mm Kronoswiss down? We are thinking of getting it for our hall, living and kitchen.

Thanks
    Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone put down the 14mm grand selection. I started two nights ago and was flying at start. All off a sudden on a new pack the boards don't fit eachother properly.

Initally I thought my line my be going off straight and I spent a good while trying to find the problem. I didnt. Then i decide go lay two of the boards up against eachother and hey presto... problem. They were meeting at either end but they were 2mm out in the middle. 😲

So anyone else experience anything like this? Batch numbers seem to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

Hi Harry,

It sounds very like that pack is faulty, put it to the side and continue on, your retailer should change that box no problem.

3 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,347 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So happy with it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

How did you lay it in the kitchen with your units etc already there?

NIMAN wrote: »
    So happy with it then?
    Yes! Get a bit bored every now and then so got some big rugs that I roll up/swap around.
    How did you lay it in the kitchen with your units etc already there
    Didn't - got new kitchen at same time, and new skirting boards too. Ran floor to walls/then kitchen/skirting new arcitraves/doors on top. Big mess for a while.

Condition still good - but only 2 of us, no children, no pets. We wear shoes indoors usually, and I'm a bit clutzy and drop stuff a lot. No water/spillages though.

Advertisement