Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Ventures

Options
  • 12-07-2015 10:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I went to a meetup last Monday at Jury's in the IFSC. The lady involved did not put what the meeting was involved (which is kind of strange!) except it was about tourism. I thought that it could be a chat about taking holidays or a company selling holidays. I was curious so went along.

I found out that this is a company that with membership sell cheap holidays and there seem great deals. Seems interesting. Then however I became more sceptical about the whole thing.

* What looked like a pyramid scheme of selling or referring the company
    * Almost cult-like support from members including clapping and cheering
    * The speeches or referral statements from some members were scary
    * The financial rewards look too good to be anyway true
    * I had never heard of the company in the first place

I left well before the end and was very sceptical about the whole approach. However I would like to know if anybody on Boards has had anything to do with this and what their experience has been like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Timeshare......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

A guy I was in school with is big in a certain Austrian company that has been accused of being a pyramid scheme he's tried to get me involved a couple of times. He's raking it in but no chance I am going near that. Unless its obvious why a membership is involved always make sure you tread carefully and know what you're getting involved in.

Advertisement