Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parental leave

Options
  • 12-07-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone had experience of the following and could give advice
    I'm a teacher and my wife works for a different govt body (,not education)
    She had been taking one day a week parental leave but her days are now gone .
    Is it possible for her to use mine as I never will?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

km79 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone had experience of the following and could give advice
    I'm a teacher and my wife works for a different govt body (,not education)
    She had been taking one day a week parental leave but her days are now gone .
    Is it possible for her to use mine as I never will?

"Both parents have an equal separate entitlement to parental leave. Unless you and your partner work for the same employer, you can only claim your own parental leave entitlement (18 weeks per child). If you both work for the same employer and your employer agrees you may transfer 14 weeks of your parental leave entitlement to each other."
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/parental_leave.html

Not sure if this refers to the one day a week kind of leave, it seems to refer more to full time leave. Anyway, it points in the direction that it's unlikely you could transfer.

Advertisement