Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to bag summer bargains Penneys/Dunnes?

Options
  • 12-07-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

When does Penneys and Dunnes Stores summerwear usually get reduced in price?

For example there are certain dresses in Penneys for 16/18 euro each, and swimwear in Dunnes for 20 euro or so each at the minute.

I know in Penneys these will at some point be about half the price but I'm not so sure if Dunnes swimwear comes down much in price??

Do ye think they would have come down in price in about a weeks time and would there still be a good selection of stuff left from say the 20th of July onwards.

Need to buy a holiday wardrobe very soon, but don't want to buy it all tomorrow and then see everything half the price a week later just before I need to leave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Hi, a lot of the summery stuff is gone from penny's already! I was kind of waiting to buy my holiday stuff as well and I was looking around on Friday and the selection is less than half of what it was 2 weeks ago :( same in Dunnes. Don't know when the sales will be starting either there or Dunnes but I won't be waiting for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

PennyWren wrote: »
    Hi, a lot of the summery stuff is gone from penny's already! I was kind of waiting to buy my holiday stuff as well and I was looking around on Friday and the selection is less than half of what it was 2 weeks ago :( same in Dunnes. Don't know when the sales will be starting either there or Dunnes but I won't be waiting for them!

Hi thanks for the reply. :)

I was in my local Penney's last week and there was still a lot of dresses and things still there, but you've given me a fright now that a lot of stuff is gone already in your Penneys so hopefully the dresses I had my eye on are still there in my own local one!

I better bite the bullet so and just get in there tomorrow and I'll just avoid them both then for a few weeks so I won't be annoyed to see if they do get cheaper. :D

Fingers crossed we both find a few last minute bits. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Hi everyone,

When does Penneys and Dunnes Stores summerwear usually get reduced in price?

For example there are certain dresses in Penneys for 16/18 euro each, and swimwear in Dunnes for 20 euro or so each at the minute.

I know in Penneys these will at some point be about half the price but I'm not so sure if Dunnes swimwear comes down much in price??

Do ye think they would have come down in price in about a weeks time and would there still be a good selection of stuff left from say the 20th of July onwards.

Need to buy a holiday wardrobe very soon, but don't want to buy it all tomorrow and then see everything half the price a week later just before I need to leave.

Dunnes sale started online only. Not instore

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Dunnes sale is on instore- was like a stampede in Henry St. at lunchtime today! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Penneys don't ever have a 'sale' as such. They just reduce items if they've been in stock for a while and haven't sold particularly well. There's normally a sale rail in store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement