Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2015 stage 1 help please :previous participation query

Options
  • 12-07-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi there,

maybe someone know without having to pay the visafirst crowd-

Basically having difficulty filling out the previous participation form

I previous did the 1 year Canada visa through usit in 2007 ,however I do not believe this counts as previous participation - should i be putting this down as participating or no?

can you please confirm ?anybody?

Also does anyone know of IEC phone contact information?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

It doesn't count as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

thanks - is there some contact number i can call to confirm this anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

mkdon wrote: »
    thanks - is there some contact number i can call to confirm this anybody know?

Can it be any clearer than this?
    If you participated in IEC before 2013 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2013 are no longer eligible to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

thanks but I am confused as have no details of what they are requesting about prior participation as was so long ago

should i put down as never participated in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

mkdon wrote: »
    thanks but I am confused as have no details of what they are requesting about prior participation as was so long ago

should i put down as never participated in this case?

You have still participated, just that you are still allowed to participate one more time. CIC will probably look for the UCI number (I believe if you still have your permit it should be on this). Not sure what happens if you don't have this.

I would be honest and say that you have participated before.

Is there a box to put in when you participated at all?

Advertisement