Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Ag Science throw E.Q

Options
  • 12-07-2015 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Is it advisable to study ag science through prev
    Exam qs.
    I used to do that during 5th year, but then I got worried that my studying through exam qs won't be sufficient foe the ag intervieq. Any thoughts and advice on how you studied if you did ag.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

Ag was by far my favourite subject this year and I pray to God I have secured my A1 in it. In relation to studying for Ag just doing exam papers is NOT enough. The Ag course in general is very broad and more or less anything can be asked. I would advice you know as much as you can about each topic, if you like ag its easy material to remember. For the interview you really do not have to worry. Out of 45 students in my year taking Ag only 6 people got chosen for the interview and its not even an interview its more like a conversation with the examiner. You talk about your project mainly and you have to go through the experiments and familys/phylums of some animals but your teacher should have ye well prepared :) Get a revise wise revision book or the farmers journal revision book for Ag in September if you can and start reading a chapter a night, that's what I Did and i completed the book 4 times before my exams and of course you will cram in the days before Ag as majority of people have days off before it. In the Ag Science exam just write as much as you can and stick to bullet points! Do not write big paragraphs and write EVERYTHING you learned about the topic. Most questions look for 4 points per part. You can give 10 points 6 of which could be wrong and the examiner will only mark you out of your best 4. So many people dropped to O.L Ag on the day of our exam and I couldn't believe it as Ag if studied is a great subject to do well in if you do a bit of study. By all means use your exam papers as a way to test yourself on the material you know but don;t rely on them to base how you will do...For question 1 however I would use the exam papers to revise for them as they are repetitive and if you get your teacher to print you a copy of old Mock exams and L.C exams back to 1980s you will be fine for Q1. Hope this was of some benefit to you and if you ever have any Ag related questions throughout your LC gimme a PM and ill help you out if I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Ag was by far my favourite subject this year and I pray to God I have secured my A1 in it. In relation to studying for Ag just doing exam papers is NOT enough. The Ag course in general is very broad and more or less anything can be asked. I would advice you know as much as you can about each topic, if you like ag its easy material to remember. For the interview you really do not have to worry. Out of 45 students in my year taking Ag only 6 people got chosen for the interview and its not even an interview its more like a conversation with the examiner. You talk about your project mainly and you have to go through the experiments and familys/phylums of some animals but your teacher should have ye well prepared :) Get a revise wise revision book or the farmers journal revision book for Ag in September if you can and start reading a chapter a night, that's what I Did and i completed the book 4 times before my exams and of course you will cram in the days before Ag as majority of people have days off before it. In the Ag Science exam just write as much as you can and stick to bullet points! Do not write big paragraphs and write EVERYTHING you learned about the topic. Most questions look for 4 points per part. You can give 10 points 6 of which could be wrong and the examiner will only mark you out of your best 4. So many people dropped to O.L Ag on the day of our exam and I couldn't believe it as Ag if studied is a great subject to do well in if you do a bit of study. By all means use your exam papers as a way to test yourself on the material you know but don;t rely on them to base how you will do...For question 1 however I would use the exam papers to revise for them as they are repetitive and if you get your teacher to print you a copy of old Mock exams and L.C exams back to 1980s you will be fine for Q1. Hope this was of some benefit to you and if you ever have any Ag related questions throughout your LC gimme a PM and ill help you out if I can :)

Thank you very much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just be aware anything on the syllabus can be asked, whether it has come up before on a paper or not.

Advertisement