Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans for men with muscular legs?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I feel at a loss here-I work in fashion, and spent almost 3 years in men's high street fashion, and I still can't advise my husband on jeans, so I need some sneaky help!!
    He's recently lost a huge amount of weight through exercise & healthy eating, so while his waist is smaller, his legs are now bigger as they're more muscular. He can't find jeans to fit him-the right waist size won't come up over his thighs, and the next size up hang off his waist & bum. He's living in chinos & shorts, but would love to wear straight leg jeans. The other issue is that he's loathe to spend a lot on them as he hasn't hit his target size/weight yet.
    Does anybody have any ideas of brands to try? So far we've tried penneys & H&M, not a good look!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I feel at a loss here-I work in fashion, and spent almost 3 years in men's high street fashion, and I still can't advise my husband on jeans, so I need some sneaky help!!
    He's recently lost a huge amount of weight through exercise & healthy eating, so while his waist is smaller, his legs are now bigger as they're more muscular. He can't find jeans to fit him-the right waist size won't come up over his thighs, and the next size up hang off his waist & bum. He's living in chinos & shorts, but would love to wear straight leg jeans. The other issue is that he's loathe to spend a lot on them as he hasn't hit his target size/weight yet.
    Does anybody have any ideas of brands to try? So far we've tried penneys & H&M, not a good look!
    Thanks!

Next? Bit pricier but a good range and decent jeans. M&S likewise.
    The old reliable Levis and Wrangler can be bought at reasonable prices online but you may want to wait until his weight/size stabilises before spending more on jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Levi's 559 & 569.
    GANT Jason fit jeans
    Hilfiger Mercer fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

lizzyman wrote: »
    Levi's 559 & 569.
    GANT Jason fit jeans
    Hilfiger Mercer fit

All pricey options Lizzyman, my own preference would be for Diesel Larkee or Waykee but outside of the sale in BTs where they are available for about 60e they are also expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Levis 541 or Athletic fit is made for this problem they have more room in the thighs and then taper down slightly. I have also heard of guys with this problem getting 513 or 501 depending on the style your going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Whats his size?

• Advertisement

crosshatch might be worth a look

Advertisement