Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just lost my dad

Options
  • 11-07-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

My dad just died. Out of the blue he just fell over and died.
    I don't think i've yet realised that he is gone forever.
    He was still young and i am mega mad about his death. I'm not really sure what to do. I keep expecting to just in the door and give me a hug....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss mistress! Just stay around people who make you happy & don't keep your feelings to yourself - I'm sure the rest of the family are going through the same feelings - just don't keep it bottled up.

I see you posting on Boards a lot - always very nice and helpful.

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

My dad just died. Out of the blue he just fell over and died.
    I don't think i've yet realised that he is gone forever.
    He was still young and i am mega mad about his death. I'm not really sure what to do. I keep expecting to just in the door and give me a hug....

Really sorry to hear that, my dad died 1994 and still have vivid memories of that day. No easy way... my dad had lung cancer. . Horrible illness... had a hard 8 months from diagnosis to his last day. Take care of yourself and your Mam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

very sorry for your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Sincere condolences on the death of your father, You will need the support of your family and friends to get you through,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I lost my mam in similar circumstances. She wasn't sick or ill. She just went to sleep in her favourite armchair and never woke up.

I can't even describe the feeling. I think it alternates between pain and numbness. Over two year's on I still sometimes expect to go up to the house and chat to her. Looking at the grave is like looking at a stranger's. I can't imagine my beautiful mam is in there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't be afraid to lean on your family & friends for support. You might find that the funeral and any compassionate leave you might be on will pass by quite quickly and then you're left with your own thoughts, and it can be quite difficult. Stay strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry for your loss I just buried my dad 2 weeks ago in similar circumstances - time heals all wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

I'm so sorry Mistress xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Very sorry for your loss. My sibling died very suddenly like that and in my own head a get some comfort now that they didn't suffer. It's harder for us (not to get to say goodbye) but easier for them.

It's still horrendously hard and my heart goes out to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement